August Tap Takeover at The Beer Spa: Upslope Brewing
Are you looking for a fun activity to do this August in Denver, CO? Look no further! The Beer Spa, a relaxing day spa with unique spa services, is partnering with Boulder’s Upslope Brewing Company. In this article, we’ll share everything you need to know about enjoying a spa day with delicious craft beer this August – fun facts, the beer lineup, faqs, and more.
Each month, The Beer Spa features a local brewery. We serve their best beers in our self-serve taproom, which you can enjoy while treating yourself to one-of-a-kind spa treatments. We’re excited to be working with Upslope Brewing this month.
Upslope Brewing Company is a Boulder-based craft brewery. Their beer is deliciously hand-crafted in small batches and uses only the purest ingredients. Visit The Beer Spa to try 5 of these tasty brews.
Fun Facts About Upslope Brewing Company
Upslope has been making craft beer since 2008, when Matt Cutter and Dany Pages founded the brewery. Just a bit later, Henry Wood also joined the team.
Let’s check out some fun facts about Upslope Brewing!
- One of their most significant accomplishments is being one of few breweries to become a Certified B Corp. They’ve accomplished this by being a business that positively impacts their community through sustainable business practices and technologies.
- Sustainable efforts include solar panels at the main production facility, energy and water efficiency, recycling efforts, and more. They also donate to 157+ nonprofits every year.
- Upslope employees receive paid time off to volunteer in the community, funds from the company to spend on outdoor activities, and a down-payment contribution for full-time employees buying their first home.
- The name upslope comes from a local term that refers to the intense weather system where large storms come through quickly and create a lot of chaos. In beer terms, it’s carbonated gold.
- Upslope loves beer and fishing, both of which require clean water. That’s why they’ve partnered with Trout Unlimited to conserve, protect, and restore North America’s coldwater fisheries and watershed. They donate 1% of their sales from the Upslope Craft Lager to support the local Trout Unlimited chapter.
- All Upslope Brewing Company to-go beers are packaged in 100% recyclable cans, which are perfect for taking wherever the trail takes you.
August Brews at The Beer Spa
You can enjoy the best Upslope beer alongside your relaxing spa day this August. From a light lager to a sweet and tart sour, there’s something for everyone!
Snowmelt Peach Lemonade Craft Seltzer
Seltzer, 5% ABV, 12 IBU
The Snowmelt Peach Lemonade Craft Seltzer is the first seltzer ever to be on tap at The Beer Spa, so we’re excited about this one! It’s gluten-free and lightly flavored with natural ingredients. This fruity seltzer pairs wonderfully with a day at the spa.
American Lager, 4.8% ABV, 15 IBU
The Upslope Craft Lager is a clean, light beer that’s easy to drink while soaking in a bubbly beer bath. It’s a Colorado-style session beer that’s brewed entirely of malted barley. It was even awarded at the 2019 Great American Beer Festival as a Silver Medal winner in the ‘International-Style Pilsner’ category.
Rocky Mountain Kolsch
Kolsch, 5% ABV, 27 IBU
The Rocky Mountain Kolsch is a traditional Kolsch inspired by the backcountry, perfect for nature lovers. It’s made with Colorado sage and honey and features a bright lemon citrus character with a touch of hops. This one’s delicious all year long but is especially refreshing during summer.
Mango Lime Sour
Sour Ale, 4.5% ABV, 16 IBU
The Mango Lime Sour is another tasty summer sipper. It has a juicy mango sweetness that’s complemented by a light lime tartness. We think this one is the perfect spa day beer!
IPA, 6.6% ABV, 40 IBU
Extensive experimentation led to this delicious hazy IPA. It offers a juicy expression of hops with a smooth delivery. Enjoy notes of ripe peach, fresh pine, and pink guava.
August’s Beer Bath Blend at The Beer Spa
Not only does The Beer Spa serve delicious craft brews, but we also offer unique spa services. Our signature treatment is the Beer Bath Hydrotherapy, where your stresses melt away as you soak in a cedar hydrotherapy tub.
The tub is filled with a blend of hops, barley, and herbs that are packed with vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. Not only is this bubbly beer-infused bath rejuvenating, but it also offers many health and wellness benefits. The water temperature is set to 95-100° F to maintain the herb’s advantages.
Each month, the bath blend changes as we use ingredients from one of our featured beers. August’s beer bath features Cascade Hops and Two Row Malt from the Mango Lime Sour. It also has our herb of the month, Neem Leaf.
This beer bath blend is antimicrobial and moisturizing. Soaking in this helps your skin stay soft and supple by soothing your pores and supporting moisture retention.
Are you new to The Beer Spa and have a few more questions? If so, we’re here to answer them!
Can I really drink beer during my spa treatments?
Of course! We’ll give you a double-wall insulated stainless steel tumbler when you arrive at The Beer Spa. You can use this in the taproom and your private Beer Therapy™ Room. It’ll keep your drink cold while you enjoy it during your sauna treatment, beer bath, and rain shower.
In your Beer Therapy™ Room, you’ll also find a robe and slippers so you can head to the taproom and refill as needed. There’s also a ring bell system if you prefer us to refill your drink for you.
The Relaxation Lounge, where you can enjoy a deep-tissue massage in a Zero Gravity Massage chair, is the only place we ask our guests not to bring drinks.
What spa services do you offer anyways?
Unlike your traditional day spa, we offer unique spa services that allow you to relax differently. Your private Beer Therapy™ Room has an infrared sauna, beer bath, and rain shower.
There’s also a Relaxation Lounge, where Zero Gravity Massage chairs offer a hands-off full-body massage experience.
How does the self-serve beer wall work?
The self-serve beer wall is one of our most fun features at The Beer Spa! You can find it in a laid-back taproom space. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Unlock the taps on the beverage wall using the card you’ll receive when you arrive at the spa.
- Take a look at the rotating selection of beer, cider, and wine. There are also tasting notes and the price per ounce for each drink.
- Choose your drink, scan your card, and pour as much or little as you want.
- When you’ve finished your spa day, bring your card to the reception desk to pay for the ounces you poured.
Can I just stop by for a beer without a spa treatment?
Please do! We love for any guest to come by and enjoy a beer (or a few), whether you’ve booked a spa service or not.
Does The Beer Spa have anything else to drink besides beer?
Absolutely! We know beer isn’t everyone’s thing, or sometimes you’re in the mood for something else, so we offer a variety of beverages. Aside from beer, we also have wine, cider, kombucha, and tea.
Can I hang out in the taproom before and after my treatments?
You sure can! Our taproom oasis is the perfect spot to hang out before or after your spa treatment. Our comfortable seating is ideal for kicking back with friends, enjoying a drink alone, or reading a book while you sip your beverage.
We hope to see you at The Beer Spa in Denver this August! Upslope Brewing Company beers pair deliciously with a relaxing spa day. You can book your appointment online or give us a call to book a party package or ask any questions.
To learn more, check out this FAQ guide.