October Tap Takeover at The Beer Spa: Ska Brewing Co.
If you’re a local or plan to visit Denver in October, visit The Beer Spa for relaxation and delicious beers from Ska Brewing Company! Below, we’ll share everything you need to know about our October Tap Takeover and a unique spa day experience, including the fun facts about Ska, featured beers, and an FAQ.
Every month, we partner with a local craft brewery and share 5 of their best beers. We’re so excited to be sharing Ska Brewing with you this October because this Durango brewery makes some of the best craft beer worldwide.
Our unique day spa not only serves excellent beers, but we also have various beer-inspired spa treatments. What better way to unwind with your loved ones, friends, or family?!
Fun Facts About Ska Brewing
We love Ska Brewing for many reasons! Let’s take a look at some fun facts:
- Ska Brewing was founded in 1995 by Bill Graham and Dave Thibodeau. At the time, they were two boys who loved beer but were too young to buy it. So they decided to brew their own.
- The name came from a music genre they enjoyed listening to while drinking beer. They referred to ska tunes as “thinking music,” which helped them decide to start brewing their own beer.
- The current brewery has been located in Bodo Industrial Park in Durango, CO since 2008.
- Ska Brewing Co. has recently expanded to become not only bigger but better. One of their improvements has been reducing their energy use by 50% per barrel through thoughtful building, solar lighting, and recycling water and heat.
- The brewery is also constructed with recycled and reclaimed materials. The bar tops and tables are made from old bowling alleys, while the walls are insulated with recycled blue jeans.
- Their beers are unique, and they especially love hard-to-find ingredients like peach blossoms. They also smoke their own malts and go out of their way to source hops that aren’t commercially grown.
- Since Ska came to be over 25 years ago, they’ve helped with hundreds of charity causes by volunteering or donating their space, time, or products.
October Brews at The Beer Spa
From a couple of delicious summer ales and a tropical sour to a hazy IPA and a popular amber ale, we’re sharing the best of the best Ska Brewing Company’s beers with you this October!
True Blonde Ale
Summer Ale, 5% ABV
Not ready to say goodbye to summer? It’s almost impossible not to feel like you’re on a beach while sipping the True Blonde Ale. But instead, you’re relaxing at The Beer Spa!
This delicious beer won a gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival. True Blonde Ale is brewed with the help of the honey of Durango’s Honeyville Bees, golden in color, and medium in body.
Raspberry Blonde Ale
Summer Ale, 5% ABV
For a fruity, refreshing beer, the Raspberry Blonde is a must-try. This English-style summer ale is crisp, golden in color and has a medium body. It’s deliciously brewed with raspberry and has vibrant flavor notes.
Pink Vapor Stew
Sour, 5% ABV
If you enjoy sours, the Pink Vapor Stew is perfect for pairing your spa day. Enjoy a tropical medley of citrus, sour, and tart flavors blended together to make an incredible beer. Citra and Mandarina Bavaria hops combined with beets, carrots, ginger, and apples – YUM!
Tropical Hazy IPA
Hazy IPA, 6.0% ABV
What better way to relax at The Beer Spa than with a flavorful, delicious IPA? Ska Brewing Company’s Tropical Hazy IPA explodes with pineapple and papaya, supplementing the tropical hop flavors from Cashmere and Idaho 7. We especially love this IPA because it actually has low bitterness and a soft malt body.
Pinstripe Red Ale
American Amber Ale, 5.2% ABV
Almost anyone’s taste buds are sure to love the Pinstripe Red Ale. This beer is brewed with Caramel malts and cascade hops, offering a slightly fruity finish that dances with your tastebuds.
October’s Beer Bath Blend at The Beer Spa
The Beer Spa’s signature spa treatment is the Beer Bath Hydrotherapy. That’s right, you get to soak in a beer bath while enjoying your craft beer! This bubbly beer bath treatment is made with a therapeutic herbal blend that offers various wellness benefits.
This October, the beer bath blend uses Columbus Hops and English Caramalt from Ska Brewing’s Red Pinstripe. Fun fact: hops and barley contain vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants that improve functions of the body like skin, hair, and nervous system.
The blend also has our herb of the month, Dill Seed. Dill Seed has anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. This enhances skin firmness, smooth fine lines and wrinkles, and help with elastin and collagen production.
Whether you’re new to The Beer Spa or want to learn more about the experience, here are some answers to the most common questions!
Can I really drink beer during my spa treatments?
Absolutely! As you relax in your private Beer Therapy™ Room, you can enjoy your Ska Brewing Co. beverage. The Relaxation Lounge is the only place we ask that you not take your drink, where you can indulge in a Zero Gravity Massage.
What spa services do you offer anyways?
Unlike the traditional day spa, we offer unique treatments and an experience you can’t find anywhere else. At The Beer Spa, you can enjoy the Beer Bath Hydrotherapy, Infrared Sauna, and Zero Gravity Massage.
In your Private Beer Therapy™ Room, you have access to a relaxation deck, rain shower, infrared sauna, and cedar hydrotherapy tub.
We also have group and party spa day packages. Check those out here!
How does the self-serve beer wall work?
The self-serve beer wall is one of our most exciting features, and it’s simple to use. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- When you arrive at The Beer Spa, you’ll get a card that unlocks the taps on the beverage wall.
- Take a look at the rotating selection of local craft beer, wine, and cider. You’ll also find tasting notes and the price per ounce for each beverage.
- Select your drink, scan your card, and pour as much or little as you’d like.
- When you’re ready to check out, you can take your card to the reception desk and pay for the ounces you poured.
Does The Beer Spa have anything else to drink besides beer?
Yes! We realize that beer isn’t everyone’s thing, or sometimes you’re just in the mood for something else. That’s why we have a selection of beverages, including cider, wine, tea, and kombucha.
Can I just stop by for a beer without a spa treatment?
Please do! Our taproom is the perfect place to enjoy a beer whether you book a spa day or not.
Can I hang out in the taproom before and after my treatments?
Of course! We welcome all of our guests to hang out for as long as they’d like. You can come early and/or stay after your treatments. Our cozy taproom is a great spot to relax, enjoy a tasty beverage, and hang out with friends.
See You Soon!
We look forward to sharing Ska Brewing Company’s delicious beers with you at The Beer Spa this October. You can schedule your appointment online, call us to book, or stop by and hang out in the taproom.