November Tap Takeover at The Beer Spa: Great Divide Brewing Co.
Are you looking for what to do in Denver in November? One of the coolest spots in Denver, The Beer Spa, has some awesome things going on including unique spa services and a taproom which features a tap takeover every month. We’re so excited to have Great Divide Brewing Co. as our November brewery of the month!
Each month, we partner with a Colorado-based brewery and feature 5 of their most popular brews. We offer something for everyone from IPAs to Sours and Lagers. For November, we’ve got some good stuff from Great Divide Brewing Co. and we can’t wait to share these brews with you!
Great Divide Brewing Co. is an independent brewery that was founded in 1994 by Brian Dunn, who’s still the President of the company. He and his team work every day on their mission to produce high-quality, distinctive ales. Come try them out!
Fun Facts About Great Divide Brewing Co.
Before we dive into what tasty craft brews you can enjoy at The Beer Spa in November, let’s check out some fun facts about Great Divide!
- Great Divide is Denver’s oldest and largest packing brewery.
- The brewery has grown so much over the years, it opened another space in 2013 (Great Divide Barrel Bar).
- They’re most known for their Yeti Imperial Stout. Great Divide releases different variations of Yeti every year including Maple Pecan Yeti, Macaroon Yeti, and Pumpkin Spice Yeti.
- In 2021, Great Divide launched the Denver Pale Ale Foundation to support Colorado-based nonprofits. In fact, the brewery has donated more than $500,000 to various nonprofit organizations.
- Great Divide is one of the leading craft breweries in sustainability. Their Green Team has helped the company implement green initiatives including sustainable spaces, eco-passes for employees, and a recycling program.
- They’ve been recognized for several awards. In 2021, they won their 19th Great American Beer Festival medal for their Wild Raspberry Ale.
- At Great Divide, Great Minds Drink Alike (it’s their trademark!) and Bold Character isn’t just a catchphrase, it’s the philosophy behind what they brew, how they think, and what they believe.
November Brews at The Beer Spa
So, what tasty beers can you find at The Beer Spa from Great Divide Brewing Co. in November? Let’s check them out!
Lager, 5% ABV, 15 IBU
Do you enjoy something crisp, refreshing, and easy to drink? Great Divide’s American Lager is the perfect brew!
Colette Farmhouse Ale
Farmhouse Ale, 6.5% ABV, 29 IBU
Although the Colette is complex, it’s light with a tart, spicy, and dry finish. It’s brewed with barley, wheat, and rice before it’s fermented at high temperatures with a unique blend of four different yeast strains. It’s definitely a fan favorite!
Strawberry Rhubarb Sour
Sour Ale, 6.2% ABV, 24 IBU
Awaken your senses with this delicious sour beer! It’s bursting with a strawberry aroma and features a flavor that’s sweet and tart. This one goes great with a day spa experience any time of the day.
New England IPA, 6.2% ABC, 40 IBU
Enjoy a juicy combo of citrus aroma and subtle fruit flavors including tangerine, lime zest, papaya, and mango. This brew contains almost 6 pounds of hops per barrel and delivers some bitterness without the bite.
Brown Ale, 6.5% ABV, 40 IBU
What better way to celebrate fall than with a toasty brown ale with notes of pumpkin, brown sugar, and spice? It has a rich malty backbone that brings out the autumn flavors to create a tasty sensory experience that’s not overly sweet.
Note: Keep an eye out for a delicious Dunkel, the Gingerbread Dunkel which will be swapped out with the Pumpkin Ale.
Are you new to visiting The Beer Spa? If so, check out some common questions so you’ll know what to expect when you visit us!
Can I really drink beer during my spa treatments?
Absolutely! When you arrive, we’ll give you a double-wall, insulated, stainless steel tumbler that you can use in the taproom and in your Beer Therapy™ Room. These custom-made cups will keep your drink cold even when you’re in the sauna, beer bath, and shower. The only place you can’t take your drink is in the Relaxation Lounge where the Zero Gravity Massage chairs are.
Each Beer Therapy™ Room even has a robe and slippers ready for you in case you need to run out and refill your drink.
What spa services do you offer anyways?
We know a beer spa is new to many people and we’d love to tell you about our relaxing day spa services! Not only do you get to enjoy a delicious beer and other drinks at The Beer Spa, but you can also experience a Beer Bath Hydrotherapy, Infrared Sauna, and Zero Gravity Massage chairs. Read all about our services here!
How does the self-serve beer wall work?
We know this is a unique concept, but we make it quite easy (and fun!) for you. Just follow these steps.
- When you arrive at The Beer Spa, you’ll be given a card that will unlock the taps on the beverage wall.
- Feel free to check out our rotating selection of local beer, wine, and cider where you can also find tasting notes and price per ounce.
- Pick your drink, scan your card, and pour as much or little as you’d like.
- When you’re ready to check out, bring your card to the reception desk to pay for the ounces of beverage you poured.
Can I just stop by for a beer without a spa treatment?
Yes, we’d love for you to! We’re happy to have anyone stop by to enjoy a drink in our relaxing taproom.
Does The Beer Spa have anything else to drink besides beer?
We sure do! If you don’t like beer, or just aren’t in the mood for it, that’s no problem at all. Aside from craft beer, we offer cider and wine, non-alcoholic beverages such as kombucha, and tea.
Can I hang out in the taproom before and after my treatments?
Of course, you can! Our taproom is a cozy oasis where you can chill out before and after your spa services. Kick back with a book or chat with friends while you self-serve cold drinks in the taproom.
Are you ready to relax at the most unique Denver day spa while you sip on a craft beverage? Book your appointment at The Beer Spa!