February Tap Takeover at The Beer Spa: WeldWerks Brewing
Are you wondering what to do in Denver in February? Look no further! Come unwind at The Beer Spa, a taproom and spa combined into one. We are a unique day spa that offers a relaxing experience – perfect for a Valentines date, a self-care day, or a get-together with family or friends.
Every month, we feature 5 tasty beers from a local brewery. This February, we’re so excited to be teaming up with WeldWerks Brewing from Greely, CO. They’ve been brewing a wide range of delicious brews since 2009 and have something for just about every kind of beer drinker!
Keep reading to learn more about WeldWerks and what a spa day is like at The Beer Spa!
Fun Facts About WeldWerks Brewing
WeldWerks Brewing has been making award-winning beers in Greely, Colorado since 2015. We’re so excited to share their delicious brews with you, but first, let’s take a look at some fun facts about WeldWerks!
- Co-founder and head brewer, Neil Fisher, started WeldWerks in his garage in 2009. Over the next few years, friends, including now-CEO and co-founder Colin Jones, joined him to hang out and brew beers.
- In 2014, Neil won two medals at the Big Beers, Belgians, and Barleywine Festival. That’s when a business plan for WeldWerks began. Eleven months later, the brewery we know today opened in Greeley, CO.
- A team of passionate brewers have worked together to make 100+ unique beers, from imperial stouts and fruited sours to classic lagers and hazy IPA’s.
- WeldWerks’ mantra is ‘Dialed-in Beer,” which speaks to the desire to keep dialing in the processes and procedures to craft an exceptional experience for their visitors and consumers.
- WeldWerks is all about beer and people, which is the basis of their ‘Brewing Better Communities’ initiative. They give back to their community by teaming up with local charities and nonprofits that focus on affordable housing; diversity, equality, and inclusion; health and environment; and youth development.
February Brews at The Beer Spa
One thing we love about WeldWerks is the variety of beer they offer! This February, you can find some of their top beers at The Beer Spa, including a Mexican Lager, Wheat Ale, IPA, Sour Ale, and an Imperial Milk Stout. Let’s check them out!
Mexican Lager, 5.5% ABV
Long Bones is an easy-to-drink Mexican lager. It’s brewed with Pilsner malt and flaked maize, offering a light body and crisp finish. It’s easy to enjoy just one or a couple of these delicious brews while you relax at the spa!
Wheat Ale, 5.5% ABV
If you like a classic American Hefeweizen, you’ll love this! It’s a tasty classic wheat ale with subtle banana flavors and a sizable whirlpool addition of hops.
IPA, 6.7% ABV
Juicy Bits is WeldWerks’ flagship IPA that’s easy to sip on. It features citrus and tropical characters that come from Mosaic, Citra, and El Dorado Hops. As you drink a Juicy Bits, you’ll experience a creamy mouthfeel.
Grandma J’s Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Sour Ale, 4.6% ABV
Enjoy a delicious sweet and sour combination with Grandma J’s Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. This Berlin-style Sour Ale is brewed with over 500 lbs of strawberry purée and lactose sugar. The finished beer is aged rhubarb purée, graham cracker, and vanilla to give it the signature pie character.
German Chocolate Cake Stout
Imperial Milk Stout, 6.3% ABV
If you’re looking to enjoy your spa day with a sweet treat, the German Chocolate Cake Stout might be perfect for you. This imperial milk stout is brewed with lactose, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, and pecans for a flavorful, sweet beer. It features a huge burst of rich coconut, lending way to caramel malt sweetness, dark and bittersweet chocolate, and coffee from the cacao and chocolate malts.
February’s Beer Bath Blend at The Beer Spa
The Beer Spa’s Beer Bath Hydrotherapy is a unique spa service unlike any other! Let your stresses melt away as you relax in a cedar hydrotherapy tub with a beer bath blend that consists of herbs that offer various wellness benefits, along with a crafted blend of hops and barley from one of WeldWerks’ featured beers.
This month, the blend includes Mosaic Hops and Pale Math from WeldWerks’ Juicy IPA. It also has an aromatic fenugreek! This warming blend smooths and softens the skin while reducing wrinkles and keeping pores germ-free. Fenugreek also promotes healthy hair growth while adding the perfect shine.
Soak in this therapeutic herbal bath that’s packed with vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. We set the water between 95 and 100°F to ensure the herbs’ benefits aren’t affected by heat.
Before you head over to The Beer Spa to enjoy a rejuvenating spa day and delicious beers from WeldWerks Brewing, you may have a few questions. And, we’d love to answer them for you!
Can I really drink beer during my spa treatments?
Definitely! When you arrive at The Beer Spa, we’ll give you a double-wall insulated, stainless steel tumbler that keeps your beverage chilled while you relax in the sauna and beer bath. You can use the cup in the taproom and in your Beer Therapy™ Room.
You’ll also find a robe and slippers in your Beer Therapy™ Room in case you need to head to the taproom to fill your tumbler back up. We also have a ring bell system you can use if you’d like us to refill your drink for you!
The Relaxation Lounge, where you can kick back and enjoy our Zero Gravity Massage chairs, is the only place we ask that you not take your drink to.
What spa services do you offer anyways?
The Beer Spa isn’t your regular day spa! We offer one-a-kind spa treatments for you to relax differently. In your private Beer Therapy™ Room, you can enjoy a beer bath, infrared sauna, and rain shower. Our Relaxation Lounge features Zero Gravity Massage chairs that provide an amazing full-body massage.
We also offer party packages if you’re looking to celebrate something special at The Beer Spa!
How does the self-serve beer wall work?
You can find a self-serve beer wall in our cozy taproom that offers a unique experience. And following these simple steps make it exciting and easy to use!
- When you arrive, we’ll give you a card that unlocks the taps on the beverage wall.
- You can check out our rotating selections of WeldWerk Brewing’s beers. We also have cider and wine if you’re looking for something different. You’ll find tasting notes and the price per ounce for each beverage.
- Choose your drink, scan your card, and pour as much or little as you’d like.
- When you’re ready to check out, you can bring your card to the reception desk to pay for the ounces you poured.
Can I just stop by for a beer without a spa treatment?
Absolutely! Whether you’re interested in booking a spa treatment or not, we’d love for you to stop in and enjoy our taproom and tasty beverages.
Does The Beer Spa have anything else to drink besides beer?
Of course! If beer isn’t your thing or if you’re interested in sipping on something else when you visit, we’ve got plenty of beverage options. Aside from craft beer, we also serve wine, cider, tea, and kombucha.
Can I hang out in the taproom before and after my treatments?
Please do! We’ve created a welcoming oasis for you to hang out in for as long as you’d like. Feel free to pour a drink and kick back in the taproom before or after your spa day.
We look forward to seeing you this February and sharing delicious brews from WeldWerks with you! Are you ready to enjoy a unique and relaxing spa day experience at The Beer Spa? You can book your appointment online or give us a call if you’d like to book one of our party packages.
Interested in other unique things to do in Denver? Read more here!